Jumpstart your Apprenticeships with Transatlantic Best Practices
July 26 @ 8:00 am - July 30 @ 12:00 pm CDT$120
This workshop is intended for trainers who are involved or would like to become involved in the building, growing or improving of
apprenticeship programs. It is a great opportunity to exchange best practices and gain knowledge about German style apprenticeships as well as how to implement new techniques to the on-the-job training which will support companies as they navigate the changing workforce.
Topics of Discussion
- Welcome and intercultural coaching
German Apprenticeship Model
- Overcoming hurdles: championing apprenticeships in MNCs and SMEs
- Benefits of standardized training and exams
- Qualified trainers produce thriving apprentices: Train the Trainer Trial
- Introduction to core competencies and on-the-job training plans
- Build a wider network within the US and across the pond
- Learn about German-style apprenticeships
- Best practices implementing apprenticeships & company training
- Gain actionable recommendations from your fellow peers
In addition to input from our experts from Germany, the workshop will focus on interactive discussion and development of best-practice recommendations. Workshop participation on all days is requested.
The local program will be followed by a separate study trip to Germany, which will take place in person this December.